Tuesday, June 28, 2011
For those planning to buy a house or condo in the Philippines, some of the banks have promotional rates in loan interest rates. Make sure you study the Repricing Period.
Home Loan Interest Rates in the Philippines (as of June 2011)
|Repricing Period||Allied Bank||BDO||BPI FB*||BPI FB**||EastWest Bank||HSBC||Robinsons Bank*||Security Bank|
* BPI FB – promo rates of BPI Family Savings Bank, valid until June 30, 2011
** BPI FB – published interest rates of BPI and BPI Family Savings Bank, before the promo period
*** Promo rate of Robinsons Bank, valid until June 30, 2011; no other fixed interest rates published for longer years
See source blog for more details:
Monday, June 20, 2011
As a Father I'd like to educate my self in managing Finances and investing so that i can pass it on to my children at an early age.
I have a vision that if all us OFW's start to inculcate and share our knowledge to our children at a very young age then we will reap the benefits of having financially independent and literate children. In turn it will benefit our country.
So i call to my fellow OFW's to start on our own families first and always share your knowledge to those who are willing to listen.
See link for the blog
Congratulations to the contestants and the organizers!
Go to Maharlika Band FB Page:
Thursday, June 2, 2011
When we applied last 2010 it took 40 business days before i got approved. You can call ICA anytime to double check.
You don't need to go to ICA. To apply online you can go to the below link and click on New Application. Read through Important Notes first:
The following info is gathered from below link:
Eligibility for New Applications
- Child of Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Residents
- Your Child's Travel Document has a validity of 6 months or more
- Your Child's Visit Pass (short term) has a validity of 10 days or more
- PR Parents has a SingPass and is at least 21 years of age
- All applications submitted through e-VP are required to have the processing fees paid before they can be processed. Approved applications under e-VP will also need to go through online payment before completing of formalities. Payment can be made by MasterCard and Visa issued by MasterCard or Visa Electron, or Internet Banking with a valid Internet Banking account with Citibank, DBS or UOB. Once the Payment transaction is successfully completed, applicant will be notified of his/her application status either by email (if provided) or via “Status Enquiry”
- Upon approval you need to pay immediately S$60/- Issuance Fee, S$30/- Visa fee
Application Status Enquiry
- You can go the the below link:
You can call ICA
For new application submitted via e-VP, the normal processing time is about 4-6 weeks
All requirements will be stated in the Approval Notice Letter that you will receive. You must bring Original and Photocopies of the docs from v) to x) in your formalities. Below are what stated on our Approval Notice:
i) A copy of the notice for scanning in ICA
ii) Child's passport. A copy of particulars page must be submitted to ICA.
iii) A duly signed printout of the form which you have submitted through the e-VP system
iv) One recent passport-sized colour photograph (takem against white background); My advice here is to go to ICA and have your child take the picture there instead to avoid the hassle of getting the picture rejected. They can take pictures of baby or toddlers.
v) Child's birth certificate
vi) Parents Marriage certificate
vii) Parent's Income tax for the last 3 years
viii) Parent's monthly CPF contribution histpry for the last 12 months
ix) Parent's latest letter of employment, date of commencement, designation and salary per month.
x) Parent's highest educational certificate
xi) Child's DE Card (DisEmbarkation Card if Child was born outside Singapore)
xii) Child's medical report in the prescribed format. This will be sent to you along with Approval Notice.
When you receive the Approval Notice and made the payment you will be automatically given a date and time of appointment to complete your formalities. If you want to change this you can go the below link: