Thursday, June 2, 2011

How to apply for a Long Term Visit Pass for your Child (For PR Parents)

As long as your child has a Passport you can already apply for LTVSP. You can also apply for an extension of his/her short term visit pass while you wait for the processing.

When we applied last 2010 it took 40 business days before i got approved. You can call ICA anytime to double check.

You don't need to go to ICA. To apply online you can go to the below link and click on New Application. Read through Important Notes first:

The following info is gathered from below link:

Eligibility for New Applications

- Child of Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Residents
- Your Child's Travel Document has a validity of 6 months or more
- Your Child's Visit Pass (short term) has a validity of 10 days or more
- PR Parents has a SingPass and is at least 21 years of age

- All applications submitted through e-VP are required to have the processing fees paid before they can be processed. Approved applications under e-VP will also need to go through online payment before completing of formalities. Payment can be made by MasterCard and Visa issued by MasterCard or Visa Electron, or Internet Banking with a valid Internet Banking account with Citibank, DBS or UOB. Once the Payment transaction is successfully completed, applicant will be notified of his/her application status either by email (if provided) or via “Status Enquiry”
- Upon approval you need to pay immediately S$60/- Issuance Fee, S$30/- Visa fee

Application Status Enquiry
- You can go the the below link:
You can call ICA
For new application submitted via e-VP, the normal processing time is about 4-6 weeks

All requirements will be stated in the Approval Notice Letter that you will receive. You must bring Original and Photocopies of the docs from v) to x) in your formalities. Below are what stated on our Approval Notice:
i) A copy of the notice for scanning in ICA
ii) Child's passport. A copy of particulars page must be submitted to ICA.
iii) A duly signed printout of the form which you have submitted through the e-VP system
iv) One recent passport-sized colour photograph (takem against white background); My advice here is to go to ICA and have your child take the picture there instead to avoid the hassle of getting the picture rejected. They can take pictures of baby or toddlers.
v) Child's birth certificate
vi) Parents Marriage certificate
vii) Parent's Income tax for the last 3 years
viii) Parent's monthly CPF contribution histpry for the last 12 months
ix) Parent's latest letter of employment, date of commencement, designation and salary per month.
x) Parent's highest educational certificate
xi) Child's DE Card (DisEmbarkation Card if Child was born outside Singapore)
xii) Child's medical report in the prescribed format. This will be sent to you along with Approval Notice.

When you receive the Approval Notice and made the payment you will be automatically given a date and time of appointment to complete your formalities. If you want to change this you can go the below link:


yeminthu said...

Hi Dear Jel,

Thz for your post ! Now we already collect LTVP card from ica. We can prepare the documents as per ur pose.

Have a happy with your family!

khin maung oo & lwin.

Jel said...

Your welcome! all the best!

Anonymous said...


My case is that im a single parent, not married but my child is using his fathers surname. I applied for a ltvp for my child because a sungapore pr. it's been a month now and still havent got the result after i have submitted all the required docs personally. Is there anybody here or u know which has the same case as i am? Have you obtained the approval? Pls help. Thanks!

Unknown said...

Hi Jel, can I check with you, what's after the appointment?


Jel To-ong said...

It's where you bring all the requirements (you will be informed of these) and this is where you get the card itself.

Sandipan Chakraborty said...

Hi Jel,

I just wanna check with you, if approval letter takes six weeks, how he or she can stay with short time visit pass?


Jel To-ong said...

HI Sandipan,

They will provide with temporary pass during that period. Please call them for more details :)

Lee yee ying said...

Hi ,
I'm above 21 years old and my parent is Singapore and PR. Am I eligible to apply for LTVP? From the ICA website I am not qualified but I heard someone say that I can do so. Please advice.

Thank you.

Jel To-ong said...


You have to call ICA for that then. Usually what it says in the ICA website is accurate. Another option is for you to apply for a Student Pass (if you plan to continue studying in Singapore).

Milo Castillo said...

Hi jel,just want to check with you.we are filipino's both working here in SG.we have a 1 month old baby that was Nor in Philippines.he is coming here soon and we have plans to apply him a long term pass, are we allowed to apply ling term pass if we are only SPass holder?what do we need to do?any advise.thank you

Jel To-ong said...

Hi Milo. You can only apply Long Term Visit pass if you or your wife are PR. Otherwise you'll need to apply a Dependent Pass instead. Check your HR or MOM website for the requirements you need.